Boot Camp and Back up a Macintosh HD...

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by eriX, Dec 3, 2007.

1. eriX macrumors member

Hi all,

I want to install Boot Camp to run Windows Natively but i don´t knew that Boot Camp assistant requires a single HD partition (Yes i know :p) Can i mirror my Macintosh HD with a software like Norton Ghost for PC and restore it when i have a single partition again? I don´t want to waste too many time reinstalling all my Apps again and again. There is a way to install a Windows Partition on a already partitioned Leopard Macintosh HD (3 Partitions)? That would be cool. And finally, Boot Camp is the best option to run Windows Programs like Autocad or 3D software or Vmware is enough for that? Maybe some games time to time... Thank you very much

2. Fleetwood Mac macrumors 65816

Fleetwood Mac

Yes there is. Make your Windows partition using Disk Utility, insert your Windows installation disc, restart your Mac, hold down the option key, select your Windows disc, follow the on screen instructions and make sure you select the correct partition to install Windows on. As for backup, Ghost won't work with HFS partitions but I would recommend SuperDuper.