Boot camp and Windows XP dilemma

Discussion in 'macOS' started by thegivingtree, Mar 21, 2009.

1. thegivingtree macrumors newbie

I tried following a boot camp/Windows XP installation tutorial and something has gone horribly wrong. I partitioned the hard drive and set aside 8GB of free space as recommended, then my Macbook started to reboot and the Windows setup screen appeared. I followed ahead to there part where I chose the partition I wanted to use. I chose the only only partition that appeared which was the C partition. I went ahead and ran the set up and my Macbook rebooted but instead of going further, it went back to the Windows setup. I was about to run it again but the C file says the partition is for something like 131,000 MB and if I choose "enter" says an operation system is already running and by going further I will over write the information system. I then started to freak out and restarted the computer holding the option key. Now when I do that It doesn't list Macintosh HD, only Windows. When I click Windows it takes me right back to the Windows Setup. How do I fix this?:confused:

2. iGuardian macrumors 6502a

iGuardian

You have deleted or overwritten Mac OS X on your computer. The only way to get it back is to reinstall OS X, sorry.

3. thegivingtree thread starter macrumors newbie

thank god i was scared that i screwed up my computer for good. luckily i backed all my files with my time machine before trying to install windows. now my problem is, how do I reinstall os x? I don't have an installation disk. Where can i get one?

4. old-wiz macrumors G3

You can call Apple and they will send you the original install disks for about $19 each. It's called fulfillment disks.