Boot Camp Anti-Virus

Discussion in 'macOS' started by SenatorBen, Apr 8, 2007.

1. SenatorBen macrumors newbie

hey, I just installed Boot Camp and Windows XP on my Mac - I have Windows Live OneCare running on Windows, with antivirus software, so do I also need an antivirus program running under Mac OS X? Windows can't even see the Mac partition, but the Mac can see the Windows one...so if One Care is there to scan for viruses, do I still need a Mac antivirus program or not? Thanks!

2. Father Jack macrumors 68020

Father Jack

3. zephead macrumors 68000

zephead

Nope, your Mac partition is still the same as before you installed Windows. If you're extra paranoid though, there's always ClamXav. :)

4. Lovesong macrumors 65816

Lovesong

Windows cannot see an HTFS+ partition. Neither can any programs or viruses runing on it. Don't worry about it. Even if you got a virus in the Windows partition, then booted in OSX, dumped the file on your desktop, and double clicked it, MacOS will laugh at it, and tell you .exe files don't work under OSX. So just get Symatec (or whatever) for windows and be happy.

5. macdaddy121 macrumors 6502a

I just downloaded the free anti-virus from my internet provider....Works for me.

6. osirisX macrumors regular

Windows doesn't even know what a HFS+ drive is. The same goes for anything that runs on Windows.