Boot Camp Assistant won't boot Windows CD

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Valseki, Mar 14, 2008.

1. Valseki macrumors newbie

Hello all,

I am attempting to install Windows XP SP2 on my new 20" iMac (2.4GHz). I will go into the boot camp assist and partition the drive, continue, and click start installer. The computer reboots, ejects the CD, and boots back into Mac OS. So my first idea was the Windows CD was bad. I checked on my windows laptop and it boots fine.

I am at a complete loss. I attempted to google this and I can't find anything. Please, someone, give me a suggestion or something.

Thanks

-edit-

I figured it out.Turns out my tablet must have been messing with the boot and thats why it was ejecting. Thanks!

2. RedStarSQD macrumors newbie

Hi there. I just registered to same that my friend has the same issue macbook pro though.

He can't try things like option/reboot then select boot from DVD or C because the windows XP sp2 disk auto ejects a short time after disk is put in.
    IN boot camp or outside of it, the disk windows O/S disk still ejects.

I have searched alot of forums and not come up with a solution. :(

One user suggests the mac drive may be having a hard time reading the disk because it has a hologram on it and the drive may have issue with dual layer disk...

So ya, how does a person solve this issue? TIA :)

edit: Tablet?

3. HLdan macrumors 603

HLdan

Where is the Windows disk coming from? Is it a brand new full version retail copy or did you burn the files? If you put in a disk with burned files it would have to be burned correctly or Bootcamp won't read it as a bootable disk.

If my assumptions are correct and you did burn it (assuming it was not burned correctly) any PC could still read the disk because Windows is already installed but if you were a system builder and placed the disk on an empty drive it would not be bootable. What did you do?

4. RedStarSQD macrumors newbie

Nope, the disk is not burned...which is why i am wondering if the hologram may be the problem. I was actually wondering if burning a copy of it would solve the problem.

5. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

try burning a copy and writing at a low speed.