Boot Camp Assistant wont recognize windows installer disk

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Chaoslord642, Jan 5, 2013.

1. Chaoslord642 macrumors newbie

Hello! I received a copy of windows 7 enterprise from work and wanted to use boot camp to run it on my 2011 MBP. Windows was on a USB drive so I copied all of the files and converted the folder into an ISO and then burned that to a DVD, but BCA still does not recognize the disk. Am I missing something or is it possible for me to install off of the USB. I appreciate all the help I can get.

P.S. I have a 15" MBP from June 2011, with a 2.5 GHz intel Core i7,4GB of Ram, an AMD Radeon HD 6770M graphics card, and I'm running OS X 10.8.2

2. simsaladimbamba

Just for clarification, did you burn the ISO file to the DVD or did you burn an image of the ISO to the DVD?

3. Chaoslord642 thread starter macrumors newbie

Im not 100% sure, I dragged the ISO into disk utility and then clicked burn

4. simsaladimbamba

Then it should be alright, but for clarification you could use Finder while the DVD is inside the optical disc drive and take a look at the DVD to see, if you see folders and files or just one file. You could also check, if the DVD shows up in System Preferences > Startup Disk, if so, it should be at least bootable.

5. Chaoslord642 thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok, I checked in system prefrences and I did not see the disk under startup disks, what could I have done wrong? should I re-convert the folder to an ISO or should I burn it to a DVD diffrently? Thank you for the help! :D