Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

playm0de

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 18, 2006
Before leopard was released I installed windows on my mbp using the Boot Camp Assistant. I have since reformated the computer and while the windows partition remains, boot camp assistant is gone. A few questions:

1. Is there any way I can make the windows partition larger? I want to install a few new games on it

2. If not, how can I delete the windows partition straight up?

3. Once the windows partition is deleted, how can I reinstall windows without upgrading to leopard? Is there any where I can get boot camp assitant still? I still have a burned CD with the Windows Drivers along with my copy of XP w/ SP2.

Thanks.

pdjudd

macrumors 601
Jun 19, 2007
Plymouth, MN
1. Is there any way I can make the windows partition larger? I want to install a few new games on it

I really don't think so.

2. If not, how can I delete the windows partition straight up?
Boot camp assist or disk utility should do that

3. Once the windows partition is deleted, how can I reinstall windows without upgrading to leopard? Is there any where I can get boot camp assitant still? I still have a burned CD with the Windows Drivers along with my copy of XP w/ SP2.

Sorry but no. Bootcamp was a beta that long expired. I would recommend looking into virtulaization. I think VM ware allows for disk resizing and can comvert boot camp images.

ipodtouchnoob

macrumors newbie
Feb 17, 2009
Need help with Boot camp

hey, i did a Boot camp partision just to find out what it was, so i made it to 20 GB, but then i didn't find my windows cd so i just exited the process, and now boot camp have taken 20 GB out of my macbook and won't give it back :p how do i get it back?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.