Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Marc Fraser

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 1, 2008
Hi guys - my first post here :D.

Basically I'm trying to install XP, via Boot Camp.

I've followed the steps for Boot Camp e.g. Create Partition (i created a 25GB partition), then inserted the XP installation disk, as Boot Camp told me.

However, on start-up, the XP disk asks me to select which option I want to choose; e.g."A - Install Windows XP Professional SP2". It then asks me to choose what I want and press enter BUT the XP installation disk is not recognizing the keyboard.

Do any of you knowledgeable people know how to solve this problem? I wouldn't be installing XP if Microsoft did a Mac version of Flight Simulator.

Thanks
Marc

Marc Fraser

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 1, 2008
Thanks for your reply..

I probubly should have told you this before but I'm on a MacBook.

I currently have the wireless Apple keyboard and mouse connected.. It doesnt work with them OR the keyboard that is on the actual laptop.

Any other ideas?

Marc Fraser

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 1, 2008
Anyone know how to solve this?

I've googled and everything.. It's happened to many people, but they have not posted the solutions :(.

All help is greatly appreciated!

Fltengr

macrumors newbie
Nov 4, 2008
Canada
I am not sure about Macbook's, in my case I have an iMac with wired keyboard and mouse.

I unpluged my mouse from my keyboard and tried the installation again and it worked. Maybe you should try the same....hope it helped.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.