Boot camp crash with no partition.

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by NightLord, May 2, 2008.

1. NightLord macrumors regular

I was using boot camp on my macbook CD with leopard 10.5.2, with 40gb left on the drive, making an 18gb windows partition.

Halfway through though, I had a kernel panic and had to restart my computer by holding down the power button. When the computer rebooted, my drive was down to 22gb with no extra partition in Finder or Disk Utility.

Through googling I read someone tried defragmenting which helped sort it, but using iDefrag didn't help.

Any idea what I should do to get the space back?

2. cwheatley macrumors member

repair disk through disk utility to regain the space (you may have to startup from your restore disk in order to do this on your system/startup drive).

i have the same problem with the kernel panic, and i haven't been able to get around it.

3. NightLord thread starter macrumors regular

Brilliant, that worked :D

But I still keep getting kernel panics and it seems to be a pretty damn common problem based on the apple support forum. Ugh.

Anyway, thanks for your help mate :)

4. cwheatley macrumors member

no problem.

i've heard that idefrag can solve the kernel panic problem, but i haven't had any luck with it :rolleyes:

i hope this is fixed in 10.5.3, or sometime before then, or otherwise this vista ultimate license is wasted (don't worry, it was free through university, but still).