Boot Camp Doesn't Work

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by vehyx, Nov 13, 2014.

1. vehyx macrumors newbie

:mad:

I usually don't get frustrated, but this is beyond infuriating. I have tried for three days straight and I still can't get bootcamp to work on my 2013 MacBook Air. I have tried both methods of using flash drives and installing a disk image from my hard drive. When I tried installing from a disk image of Windows 7 that I downloaded, bootcamp gets frozen at the "Downloading Windows support software". I have tried downloading windows support software onto my flashdrive, but everytime I try that method, it says "cannot detect windows support software" at the partitioning screen (did I install the windows support software incorrectly on my flashdrive?). I think this may be because I have two flashdrives: one with windows 7 on it and the other one with the windows support software. Bootcamp detects the flashdrive with windows 7 on it, but not the one with windows support software. I have Windows 7 on a flash drive and downloaded on the hard drive. Is there any way of using bootcamp without the admin password (I know that sounds sketch, but I don't have it right now)? Sorry if I didn't make anything clear, but I really want to get windows 7 on this MacBook Air.

2. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

3. vehyx thread starter macrumors newbie

As in format, do you mean the option to delete everything on the flash drive? Because I did that for my flash drive that had the windows support files on it and changed it to FAT32 (I don't know if I did it correctly). Also, what files should I be installing on the flash drive? I just downloaded the first ones that popped up on the apple website.

4. vehyx thread starter macrumors newbie

Update: alright, I got the windows support software downloaded and I have the other USB installation disk. However, I ran into another problem where I am prompted for the admin password at the partition screen. Is there any way to get around this...? :(

5. Hirakata macrumors 6502

Hirakata

If the MBA was set up with an admin account, you need the password to partition the drive.