Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

anish3232

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 17, 2008
Lexington, KY
I left my Leopard Discs at home and will be away for about a month. I installed Vista but do not have the correct Boot Camp drivers. I was wondering if anyone knows where to find the newest drivers. I need the ones from the disc that came with the computer if anyone can put a link or upload them.

Tried Boot Camp 2.0 and update from April to 2.1. Does not have the correct display drivers, trackpad, and network drivers.

Thanks

r.j.s

Moderator emeritus
Mar 7, 2007
Texas
The only place to get them is from a Leopard disc, you might need to borrow somebody else's until you get back home.

chscag

macrumors 601
Feb 17, 2008
Fort Worth, Texas
I left my Leopard Discs at home and will be away for about a month. I installed Vista but do not have the correct Boot Camp drivers. I was wondering if anyone knows where to find the newest drivers. I need the ones from the disc that came with the computer if anyone can put a link or upload them.

Tried Boot Camp 2.0 and update from April to 2.1. Does not have the correct display drivers, trackpad, and network drivers.

Thanks

You actually need Windows Vista drivers for your specific hardware. You should be able to download the latest Vista driver for your nVidia chipset from the nVidia web site. But as for the trackpad and airport drivers, they're probably only available from Apple.

Give Apple support a call and ask if they've posted the latest drivers for the new MacBook hardware. If they have, you can download them direct. Otherwise you'll need the original Leopard install DVD that came with your machine.

Regards.

anish3232

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 17, 2008
Lexington, KY
You actually need Windows Vista drivers for your specific hardware. You should be able to download the latest Vista driver for your nVidia chipset from the nVidia web site. But as for the trackpad and airport drivers, they're probably only available from Apple.

Give Apple support a call and ask if they've posted the latest drivers for the new MacBook hardware. If they have, you can download them direct. Otherwise you'll need the original Leopard install DVD that came with your machine.

Regards.

New disc has the correct drivers. My roommate installed Vista on a new Macbook without any problems. The Leopard Disc included with the new Macbooks is different then the ones included in the plastic Macbook.

sallythemac

macrumors 6502
Jun 16, 2008
I helped a friend set up their MBA, and used my Unibody MB discs for boot camp. Worked fine. Think all the discs have all the possible drivers a mac running boot camp could need. If you watch as it installs, you will see stuff about Intel and ATI graphics come up, even if you have nVidia graphics. And visa versa i expect. So yeh, as long as the leopard disc isn't older than your model (i.e. i couldn't use my original 10.5.0 disc with a Unibody MB, as it didnt require the drivers for the new trackpads and graphics), i think you can use any leopard or gray in-box disc.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.