Boot camp/Drivers help please

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by ryanfacer, Apr 3, 2010.

1. ryanfacer macrumors newbie

Hi

I have just got a new 15" MBP (2009/2010) and installed XP with boot camp. I have done this before on my MacBook White and iMac and had no problems but this time it has been a real pain in the neck. When I put in the MBP install DVD after installing XP I found it had no Boot camp exe or drivers? I got around this by using the DVD that came with my MacBook White which had Boot Camp and 99% of the drivers that I needed. The only problem I am having now is with the isight,Bluetooth and WLAN drivers, Does anyone know where I can get them? I would be very grateful for any help.

Cheers

2. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

There is no other legitimate source of the drivers besides your install DVD. Other sources can be found trivially using Google, but cannot be provided here due to forum rules.

You sure you put in the right DVD? Most current Macs ship with two discs, have you tried the other one?

B

3. vistadude macrumors 65816

From the white macbook dvd there, open up the bootcamp folder, and there should be a file called applesoftwareupdate.msi or something similar. Double click this file to install apple software update. It will install the bootcamp 3.1 software which contains the newer drivers.