Boot Camp drivers on XP crashes to blue screen

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by PhazonUK, Jun 19, 2010.

1. PhazonUK macrumors 6502

My parents bought my younger sister a new MacBook a couple of days ago. She wanted me to install Windows on it so that she could play some games that she has.
    So, I ran Boot Camp assisstant and installed Windows XP. XP itself runs fine. However, when I put in the disc from her MacBook that installs the Boot Camp drivers it gets to about Cirrus Audio (or something) and then crashes to blue screen. I tried installing the drivers a couple of times and then tried to reinstall XP and try again. Still no luck.
    Can anyone help me?

2. AshMan macrumors regular

What version of bootcamp is it? Is it the lt the latest version? You could try installing the drivers manually If you wanted if you know xp it is not hard to do.

Check bootcamp version. Latest one is 3.1 I believe. If that doesn't work you could try a slightly older version.

I would download bootcamp from apple site.

3. doc64 macrumors newbie

Region & Language Settings

I had this problem years ago. The solution was not to change the region, language settings after installing xp. Leave everything on the default setting. After installing from the MacOS DVD, upgrade to boot camp 2.1.

4. PhazonUK thread starter macrumors 6502

I've managed to fix this now. Had to download a version of Boot Camp rather than using the CD version. Can't remember whether I used 3.0 or 3.1. I'm gonna guess it was 3.0 since the Mac DVD had 3.1 and that kept crashing. All sorted now though.