Boot Camp Drivers?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by ivnj, Apr 18, 2007.

1. ivnj macrumors 65816

I love my new MINI. But I wanted to try Vista. I wiped the internal HD clean and put vista on it. And then put OSX on an 160gb External USB. It can be done trust me. And speed is awsome. Not an issue.

I downloaded the latest 1.2 Bootcamp and treid to run it. It said I needed new firmware. So I installed that form software updates.

I tried to run Bootcamp again hoping that was it. Now it says it can't partition an external. I don't want to partition. It's already installed. It installed without any Bootcamp. And works great.

I just need a few drivers is all. So how can I get the drivers if the assistant program won't even open.

I can't rewipe and install OS X on the internal that'd take too long.

How can I obtain the drivers?

Thanks,
    ivnj

2. ivnj thread starter macrumors 65816

I found the answer here.

http://grammerjack.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!F2629C772A178A7C!145.entry

Only 17, 18, 19 didn't work for some reason. But I just copied the DMG back to my FAT32 250gb backup USB drive. Then restarted in MAC and was able to open the DMG. Copied the stuff bac to a folder on the backup drive. Then restarted back to Vista and installed the Bootcamp drivers thingee.

Now all is well.

Thanks,
    ivnj