Boot Camp Drivers

Discussion in 'macOS' started by jciapara, Feb 20, 2008.

1. jciapara macrumors regular

Hi,

I know what some of the guys will say, "why did you install windows?", "Mac OS X does everything you need". While I agree in part to that, I need windows to run few programs (2 to be exact) that don't have an OS X version. So I installed Windows XP in an 8GB Partition, everything went well but the drivers like video, audio, etc are not installed. Note * [I access my windows partition using parallels.], The instrucions on the Apple site, say all the drivers are on the Leopard installation CD, the only CDs I have are the ones that came with my iMac (2 Recovery CD's for Leopard) and in none of them have I found any drivers, I tried automatic driver find in windows having the CD 1 inserted and nothing (also with CD 2). Do you have any suggestions or am I missing something? How did you guys installed the drivers for windows?

Thanks for any tips you might have on this.

2. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

DVD 1 of the grey installer DVDs that came with your iMac should have the Windows drivers on it. It should autorun when you insert it.

3. cbrain macrumors 65816

cbrain

If it dosent then I believe you can open the disc in Windows Explorer and there will be a file called "install.exe". That's the driver installer I think.

4. jciapara thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks

Thanks for your replies, I now ran the boot camp installer and it showed a how it was installing ethernet, isight, bluetooth, etc, after it finished, it asked me to reboot, which I did, but even after rebooting the sound is still not working, and in the device manager there are 4 devices which show a yellow mark. I tried running the installers directly from the DVD under drivers/ folder, and still no luck, the devices that show the yellow mark are 2 audio and 2 video (PCI bridge? and Video Controller), any help? Thanks

5. wesrk macrumors 6502a

same boat here man, no solution found yet