boot camp error ahh

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by w00t951, Nov 20, 2009.

1. w00t951 macrumors 68000

w00t951

I have Windows Vista installed on my Mac, but the weird thing is... When I boot into Windows, it gives me this weird BSoD that reminds me why I love Macs... But it flashes for 1/10 of a second, and only has about 4 lines of code. It happened just as I closed the computer after running a game in Windows, and when I opened it, the BSoD flashed, the computer restarted, and then it does the BSoD again. People have been telling me that the hard drive is the problem, and I say that that's retarded because I'm booting from the same drive. People say that it may just be that partition of the drive, and I say that it's impossible because I can mount, read, and modify the disk. (Paragon) Then, the conversation stops. Anyways, does anyone have Windows experience that's deep enough to figure out why Windows will not load normally, off a CD, in Safe Mode, and in other versions of Safe Mode? Thank you in advance... I want to get back to my games/Photoshop/other Windows-exclusive applications!!

2. panzer06 macrumors 68030

panzer06

Put the Vista disk back in and boot from it. Repair the existing Vista partition, selecting the repair boot option. That will do it most of the time. You can also press F8 during the boot to change Vista's boot options, including disabling the auto-reboot on error and selecting the last known good config. Sometimes that little gem obviates the need to run the repair.

BTW, Say hi to Mineos for me!

Cheers,