Boot Camp Error while installing Linux

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by MWPULSE, May 10, 2009.

1. MWPULSE macrumors 6502a

MWPULSE

Hi Guys n Gals, I've been trying to install linux on my MBP just for giggles really because im bored!

However i have been encountering some issues with bootcamp.

I have copied all the data onto an external, now Disk Utility wont let me erase the internal drive to start again!
    I have tried a permissions repair. All to no avail. I dont particularly want to do another wipe clean, i've just done one and it took bloomin' ages!!

Cheers peeps

PTP

Attached Files:

2. darkcurse macrumors 6502a

darkcurse

Make sure you formatted the drive as GUID or else Bootcamp won't be able to work its magic. Erase the internal, go to partition, choose the "Mac" option and not the MBR one (I can't remember the exact one but it would say GUID or something I think) and try again basically.

3. MWPULSE thread starter macrumors 6502a

MWPULSE

ok cool. i will do that, and report back i forgot that it needs to be a GUID. will check that this time :)

4. darkcurse macrumors 6502a

darkcurse

Good luck. Hopefully that solves your problem :D

5. chucleskill macrumors newbie

you only need a partition the boot your mac and use the alt key to select the linux disc ( named windows) then satrt its installer and select the disk.

The big problem for me are the drivers I need hep with that i will be glad if you answer my question here http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=705944

Chucleskill:apple: