Boot Camp Files download stalls ~50%

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Moria, Aug 6, 2013.

1. Moria macrumors regular

Hi all,

I've been trying to install Windows 7 on my iMac so I can get a Visual Studio running quicker than on my Windows laptop.

I opened up Boot Camp Assistant and selected both options to download the required Boot Camp files (for mouse/keyboard etc) and to install Windows 7. The first download bar only ever gets to around the 50% mark and then doesn't move any further.

Are there any problems with it that I should be aware of? Is it trying to download a huge file?

iMac is 2011 model, downloading onto a portable hard drive as it says to do.

2. m98custom1212 macrumors 6502

Are you making the usb boot drive at the same time

3. xcodeSyn macrumors 6502a

It takes a while to download all the support and driver files (over 600MB) to the USB drive, and I usually just select one option instead of both. Anyway, this link provides a direct download link to get what you need, just scroll down to the bottom page to see which one is for your hardware. Good luck.

4. saturnotaku macrumors 68000

Here is a link straight from Apple, but the download will actually work. I've always had poor success getting them via Boot Camp Assistant.

5. auto180sx macrumors newbie

The drive needs to be formatted in FAT32 for Bootcamp to download the files.