Boot Camp Gaming

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by crewsd, Oct 22, 2009.

1. crewsd macrumors newbie

Hi,

I have a Late 08 Unibody MBP. I recently installed Steam on a Dell PC and sort of want to game now. I installed Steam and played some CS:S on my MacBook Pro, but this thing gets HOT. I don't even think that the fans turn on when it's in Boot Camp. I have to boot into OS X, crank up SmcFanControl, then reboot into XP.

Is there a way around this? Thanks!

2. icedd macrumors 6502

icedd

No.

When running bootcamp, it is automatically set to 9600 and you cannot change it. It's going to get pretty hot, but the fans should kick in.

If you are uncomfortable by how hot it runs, I suggest you get a cooling mat. :p

3. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

Fans should definitely come on when playing games without the need of fan control. It's an alternative but I don't know how I would feel if I needed some sort of software to make it do so.

4. Niiro13 macrumors 68000

Maybe there's something wrong? I have a late 2008 MacBook Pro as well and the fans turn on almost all the time when I'm in Boot Camp (especially playing CS:S with full graphics).

5. crewsd thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks kai and everybody else, that looks like it'll help. I'll test it tomorrow.