Boot Camp, getting frustrated

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by PalookaLord, Sep 26, 2008.

1. PalookaLord macrumors newbie

Okay. I've looked all over for an answer to this, maybe you guys can help me out.

I'm on Mac OS X version 10.5.5, 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo.

Is it possible, with my current version of Boot Camp (I haven't added anything to it or gotten anything new for it) will I be able to connect to the internet using the built-in wireless stuff?

All I want to do is play Call of Duty 4, but when I go to Network Connections in XP, it doesn't show a Wireless Network Connections icon like everything says it should.

Do I have to buy something else, too, or should what I have now be fine?

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Did you put your Leopard disk in after installing Windows and install the Boot Camp drivers?

3. mattnham macrumors newbie

Hey,

you probably haven't installed the drivers yet [the ones you burnt when you started the boot camp process] or did not install them the right way. Trying installing them again and see if it works. I had the same problem around 8 months ago.

Cheers,
    Matttttttt:apple:

4. PalookaLord thread starter macrumors newbie

That's the problem. All my computer came with was the Mac OS X install discs and the books on how to use the computer and whatnot.

I don't recall ever burning anything when I did Boot Camp. All I did was partition, then install XP.

5. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

If the install disks are Leopard, use Disk 1. If the install disks are Tiger, borrow someone's Leopard retail disk and get the drivers from that.

6. PalookaLord thread starter macrumors newbie

7. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Pop it in when you're booted in OS X. It should mention either one.

8. PalookaLord thread starter macrumors newbie

Hmm. Well, it's not doing anything. Just making some noise then popping the CD out.

Would I just be able to head over to XP, pop in the disc, and hope for the best? Haha.

If not, I'll have to see if I can find the drivers somewhere online and install them into XP manually or something.

Or did you mean AS I'm booting?

9. TraustiB macrumors member

The Boot Camp drivers are included on Disc 1 that came with your computer. You need to be in your Windows installation when inserting the disc. Installation will start automatically.