Boot Camp goes to Black screen with start-up modes but only restarts to same screen

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by smp151, Feb 2, 2009.

1. smp151 macrumors newbie

I have an older MacBook and when I bought it, from a friend, it already had windows running on it. Just the other day I went to restart my computer and all I got want the black screen saying that the computer was turned off wrong and to choose the start up mode. I tried the last known option and nothing happened besides restarting to the same screen. Then I tried the normal mode and that didn't work and safe mode did the same thing, starting back up to the black screen. Is there something that I can do/fix, or does this require some professional help? :confused: Thanks!

2. cuestakid macrumors 68000

3. smp151 thread starter macrumors newbie

XP, I think.

I have been asking computer guys at work but they refuse to even look at it because it is a mac.

4. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

Hold OPTION key when you start up. What do you see there?

Sounds like it's booting to windows, but windows is messed up.

5. smp151 thread starter macrumors newbie

When I hold the option key I have the choice of getting to the mac or pc part of the computer and I can get back to the mac side without problems. I just can't get past the black screen when I need to get to the pc side.

Is there a way to get rid of the pc side and then re-add it with a windows software disc maybe?