Boot Camp help with installation of Windows 7 on Macbook Pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Mark-Technology, Dec 9, 2011.

1. Mark-Technology macrumors member

I have so many questions to ask due to so much confusion.

I am trying to get Windows 7 on my Macbook Pro Late 2011 15"(fully capable of running windows 7 I hope)

I don't have the money to buy a legit windows 7 copy though.
    Would it be a good idea and would it work if I downloaded an .iso file torrent to a usb flash drive and ran bootcamp somehow?

Could someone guide me on how this would work and how I should do this? Does installing windows 7 require and product key/activation on boot camp? How will it work out if I don't have a legit copy and has someone done this procedure before?

Thanks
    Mark

2. yusukeaoki macrumors 68030

yusukeaoki

Yes it is available, I know have done it in the past (although I now have the actual paid copy) but due to legal issues, we are not allowed to talk about these things in this forum.

Torrenting OS as an iso file is illegal obviously but just a fun fact, it is available. The Win 7 that is cracked will not need the serial key as long as you turn off auto update to manual.
    You can skip the serial enter screen during installation also.

And your MacBook Pro is fully capable of Windows 7.

Again, due to legal issues, we cannot have these things in forum so I cannot write them in detail.

Cheers.

3. takeshi74 macrumors 601

From http://guides.macrumors.com/Help:Forum_Rules
    Depends on what you mean by "good idea". I'd say no. It's certainly not a good idea to post about it here. It's not a good idea to post such intent on any public web site.