Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tapupartforpres

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 1, 2009
I bought a used Windows xp OEM copy from someone. He bought this license seperately from Micro Center, it did not come with his cpu.

I want to install it using Boot Camp (macbook os x 10.5.6). I am not sure if is SP 2? I see that it is possible, but when I go to install from the disk and it restarts it gives a disk error. It says press and button to eject cd, then under it, it says press any button to restart and doesn't do anything. Have to hard boot from the power key.

Any help would be great. Thanks

Lyshen

macrumors 6502
Jan 12, 2008
California
Just to note, buying used copies of an OS generally isn't a good idea, especially if it is a OEM.

As for the CD, any bad scratches on it? Do you have a Windows based PC to test it on? Or perhaps a friend that lives nearby? You could see if it boots on their PC.

tapupartforpres

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 1, 2009
The Cd looks good. I created the partition with Boot Camp and loaded the CD in. It installed, but when it restarts it goes to a black screen and says "hit any key to reboot" and "or hit any key to eject disk". When I hit any key it does nothing, have to use power key to restart (only in Mac). Will not start to the Windows partition.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.