Boot Camp Help

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Miamifan1354, May 12, 2009.

1. Miamifan1354 macrumors member

This is probably a little different than what your used to when it comes to a boot camp question.

I was going to install W7RC164 using boot camp, but when I tried, the keyboard locked up, so I'm just scrapping the whole idea. Don't want to ruin a good thing, and I'll get the full version when it comes out.

Here's the problem, I got back into OSX, deleted the partition, removed the install CD, and ejected boot camp from the desk top. Then I restarted :eek:

I got a gray screen, then a black one, and then something telling me I needed to insert the disk or something like that, and the keyboard still didn't work. It now seem that I need to use the option key each time I restart my MBP.

Is there any way to stop all of this from happening? In activity monitor, there is nothing about boot camp, and I have nothing about boot camp any where to be seen. I'm assuming there's some line item that it telling the computer it needs to finish the install at restart, but I just want to get everything back to how it was before I started all of this.

Any help?

2. Miamifan1354 thread starter macrumors member

And I'm set.

System Preferences, startup disk, mac osx.

I guess this is what I'm trying to do, because it seems to work, but I have to think that somewhere, something is waiting for a windows install dvd.