Boot Camp iMac mid 2010 Ultimate 7 x64 BSOD (?)

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by hazerjohn, Aug 30, 2010.

1. hazerjohn macrumors newbie

Hi everyone

I have an iMac (mid 2010) and am desperately trying to install Windows 7 Ultimate x64.

The installation went perfectly fine until the final reboot. Upon that, it is suppose to boot in Windows.

However, a black screen with a blinking underscore (_) shows up immediately when I boot the HD, nothing happens. I've been trying to find a solution for hours, any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you for your time

2. hazerjohn thread starter macrumors newbie

3. hazerjohn thread starter macrumors newbie

After countless hours of search, I found the solution on this thread.

Here are the steps:

4. keogh macrumors member

keogh

Not sure if you have fixed it yet, but just thought I'd point out that I have a new iMac 27" i7 w/ ATI 5750 and I have Windows 7 x64 boot camp installed and working fine.

I never had any issues installing, however, I did install the drivers on the OS X DVD, and upon reboot I got a BSOD and I had to reinstall Windows. I opted not to install the drivers this time. This has it's own issues though, cos the Mic doesn't work properly and USB 2.0 and FireWire 800 are ultra slow... so I need the drivers for those, but now sure what manufacturer the are to get the correct drivers.