Boot Camp Install Help!

Discussion in 'macOS' started by BadDude, Oct 2, 2007.

1. BadDude macrumors newbie

After running the Bootcamp v1.4 Installation the installer tells the that the software has been installed... and thats it!

it doesn't continue on to the configuration section of the installer. I've tried uninstalling (searching bootcamp in spotlight and deleting all results) tried reinstalling but same deal.

I restarted my mac holding the option key, the bootcamp screen came up, but only a Mac HD was found, and no options to install Windows.

How in the heck can I run the Windows installer?

2. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

Have you already repartitioned your drive using the Boot Camp Assistant?

3. BadDude thread starter macrumors newbie

No, but I previously had VMWare Fusion installed. I had my harddrive partitioned for Ubuntu. I decided that I was not interested in purchasing VMWare Fusion, I think I uninstalled both VMware and Ubuntu correctly...

4. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

How did to remove Ubuntu? VMWare Fusion would have no effect.

Did you use a virtual machine or install directly onto the machine?

5. BadDude thread starter macrumors newbie

I used a Virtual Machine.

But, I did have the Boot Camp Assistant take me to the partitioning screen the first time I ran it, however I was not ready to partition and install Windows at the time. Now that I have my Windows disk, I am ready to partition but I am unable to get back to that screen (I have burned my Apple Drivers disk).

6. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

If you're already partitioned your drive using the Boot Camp Assistant and burned the driver CD then you can install Windows now. Just insert your Windows CD and hold down 'C" or Option after the boot tone.

Just make sure not to format your OS X partition when you install Windows.

7. BadDude thread starter macrumors newbie

I can run the Windows Installer disc by holding down the "option" key, however I haven't partitioned my hard drive. How do I do this?

8. cbrain macrumors 65816

cbrain

By running the BootCamp Assistant in the Utilities folder within the Applications Folder.

9. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

If you haven't already partitioned your drive just run the Boot Camp Assistant again.

You don't have to burn the driver CD again if you already have.

10. Not-a-cliche macrumors regular

Buddy, you haven't run Boot Camp, you just installed it. Now you have to run the actual Boot Camp application.

11. nigrunze macrumors regular

Boot Camp Assistant

As everyone has said, you probably didn't use the boot camp assistant yet.

To find the Boot Camp Assistant, first open the Finder. Go the Applications folder. Open the Utilities folder. Launch the Boot Camp Assistant.

There you go.

If there are still problems, I'll try to help where I can. Be a little bit specific about what you have/haven't done if possible.

12. BadDude thread starter macrumors newbie

its all good

Its all good, I couldn't find where the setup assistant was.

However I had to reformat my harddrive this morning. I thought I could get away with using a system restore disc bundled with another one of my computers with an unused OEM serial. The system restore disc formatted my entire harddrive into a new Microsoft partition and failed to install Windows.

A little bit of Disk Utility and I was back in business. I guess thats what I get for trying to steal Windows.