Boot camp installation gone awry.

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by gohome190, Jul 3, 2008.

1. gohome190 macrumors regular

gohome190

Hi. I am in the process of installing Vista home premium on my mom's new Macbook pro. I partitioned the drive to 100 for OSX, 60 for Vista using Boot Camp Assistant. So, I inserted the Vista install disk, and it was working great till I got to the part where it asks what partition to install on. The Bootcamp partition was there (yay!) as a 61.3 GB partition.

But it says, "Windows must be installed on a NTSF configuration". And the "next" button is greyed out.

What do I do?!

Thanks everyone!

2. J@ffa macrumors 6502a

J@ffa

Click on the partition, and there's an 'Advanced' button (or something like it) that says 'Format', 'Erase' or somesuch. It'll make it NTFS, and you can then install away. Be extremely careful though, occasionally it will change the order if you click through without noticing. The last thing you want to do is erase the OS X partition! I nearly did this once but caught myself (at the wheel of a Mac while on autopilot can be hazardous for your health!).

3. gohome190 thread starter macrumors regular

gohome190

Oh! Thanks. I saw that, but I thought it would reformat the entire drive. :) Thanks!