Boot Camp Installation Help

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by caldavey, Jan 25, 2008.

1. caldavey macrumors member

caldavey

XP and SP2 on my MBP and I heard somewhere else that I should download some kind of guide or something. Can you guys tell me where to get that from? Also, some helpful tips before I begin would be AWESOME! Thanks!
    Actually I found the guide thing and I inserted the disk and it double clicked on it and it has a bunch of stuff on it like: $OEM$ AUTORUN.INF DOCS 1386 SETUP.EXE and a bunch of othe stuff. Which do I click on?

2. sunfast macrumors 68020

sunfast

If I remember correctly (it's a while since I installed via Bootcamp) when you run Boot Camp Assistant it gives you an option to print out the instructions :)

3. caldavey thread starter macrumors member

caldavey

4. sunfast macrumors 68020

sunfast

It depends on your planned usage. I used 32GB on my macbook but I'd upgraded to a 250GB drive

How much space do you have in total and how much do you think you'll need?

5. caldavey thread starter macrumors member

caldavey

I have easy over 100GB left but I don't even know what to do will it run slower if I use 32GB? whats the difference? I am only using Windows for my games so I should prolly do like 45GB huh?

6. sunfast macrumors 68020

sunfast

There will be no speed difference so don't worry about that. If windows is only for games you won't need too much space. If you can afford 45GB then fine but I'd be very surprised if you need that much!

7. caldavey thread starter macrumors member

caldavey

Well I ran the installation disk and it downloaded everything and then it said "restarting the computer..."
    and then it did and when it came back on it ejected the disk and then just a bunch of nothing happened and so far all I have done is install it and I slected the right partition from what the guide said and then everytime I boot up the computer, it goes and says, "disk error, press any key to restart" and when I do nothing happens and I have tried putting this disk in then restarting it but it says the same thing. So then I turned it on, held the option key, and selected windows and it just showed me the disk error message. So i chose the Mac one and it works fine. What should I do now? The guide just says to format the partition but I have not gotten to that screen yet... PLEASE HELP!

I deleted the partition then redid the partition and then tried to install it but it couldnt because of some thing called the error code 7. ANY HELP IS GREATLY APPRECIATED.