Boot Camp isn't working in Windows 7 build 7077 x64

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by beatledud, Apr 16, 2009.

1. beatledud macrumors 6502

So I finally got Windows 7 64bit installed on my MBP 2.33 machine.

However, from the guides, I should just insert my leopard disc and it should run. This is the thing, I don't know where my leopard disc is (i've been moving a lot lately due to being unemployed) and its either lost or packed away somewhere. I have a backup copy on my time machine drive and haven't tried that yet. I downloaded a 2.1 extraction and burned it to CD though. I inserted the CD and I can see in windows 7 three applications. One is Windows XP, the others are Windows Vista 32 and Windows Vista 64. I click the Vista 64, but nothing happens at all, and no drivers are isntalled. Any thoughts on how I can get this working?

2. aG1 macrumors member

How did you get Windows 7 to work? I always get some thing like "select Cd-ROM boot type" then I can't click anything. How did you fix that? Where did you get your .iso?

3. bobriot macrumors member

I got it it work by creating a FAT partition and then in OS X use parallels or fusion to install it to that partition.

4. beatledud thread starter macrumors 6502

I got the same Cd-Rom error. There's some solutions on here and the web, but it can vary and be confusing. I've found quite a few more issues in getting it to work, and have finally gotten them all fixed (I think). Once I know, I'll do a How To on the oldest Mac Book Pro's soon, so people who have the pre-nvidia graphics card Mac Book Pro and Apple doesn't support 64-bit on can get it to work.

5. beatledud thread starter macrumors 6502

Sorry for starting a new thread, but I did here. I figure since this is more an evolving guide that covers more issues than the CD-rom (like being for older MBPs) it was best to start a new thread. Check it out, I talked about that issue, but there are plenty of other threads on here that do talk about it.