Boot Camp Issue with Windows 7 Iso

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by dendanskesimon, Jul 23, 2010.

1. dendanskesimon macrumors newbie

Hey, I just got my MBP a coupe days ago, the 13 inch 2.4 GHz with a 320 GB hard drive.

I downloaded (legally) a copy of Windows 7 Enterprise or Ultimate or something X64 from my schools website. This gave me an file called GRMCULXFRER_EN_DVD_x64.iso.

I have tried burning the iso itself as well as its contents to a DVD-R but both times I received the no bootable device when attempting to install Windows 7 with BootCamp.

The files inside the iso are:
    autorun.inf
    bootmgr
    bootmgr.efi
    setup.exe

and then there are the folders:
    boot
    efi
    sources
    support
    upgrade

I dont know what Im doing wrong and this is my first Mac so Ive never used BootCamp before. Any Ideas what I'm doing wrong?

2. Freyqq macrumors 68040

did you burn the iso as just a file, or did you burn it as a bootable iso? You can do this with a mac program called simplyburns, which has an option to burn an iso into a bootable disk.

3. dendanskesimon thread starter macrumors newbie

I solved the issue, for some reason disk utility wasnt burning it properly for me. Thanks for the help.

4. PSSP macrumors newbie

I have a similar problem. If I don't have an iso, will the installation be successful if I make a disk image out of the program file and then burn it into a bootable disk with simplyburns.

Thanks!!!

5. jyugo macrumors newbie

Quoted: I solved the issue, for some reason disk utility wasnt burning it properly for me. Thanks for the help.

Hey, What exactly did you change in Disk Utility in order to make it burn correctly?

Would be greatly appreciated. I am having the same problem!

6. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

Have you considered picking up the free Burn OS X http://burn-osx.sf.net ?

B