boot camp issues - installation, ejecting cd or booting osx not working

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by ycianca, Sep 18, 2012.

1. ycianca macrumors newbie

Hello,

I have a very frustrating problem, and I hoped finding some help from you guys here. Thanks in advance and...here I go:

1. launched boot camp assistant on osx lion on a mac pro 3,1 (2008).
    2. created a support external drive (usb)
    3. inserted win 7 ultimate 64 bit english
    4. system rebooted
    5. in the windows installer, i chose the partition called bootcamp
    6. an error occured. it couldn't be chosen because it was apparently not NTFS
    7. with the integrated windows tools, i have deleted the partition, created a new one and formatted it.
    8. an error occured. something 0x8blabla. it has checked the error out. it exists since vista and occurs when you got multiple hdds connected to your computer, sometimes, apparently.
    9. this error occurs all the time.

so i thought...i'm gonna reboot to osx and reformat it first to ntfs and see if it works then.
    BUT i cannot boot to anything else than that frickin' win installer.
    - cmd+r does not work.
    - holding mouse key does not work
    - option key does not work
    - shift key does not work
    all it does is going back to the win installation.

so then i thought...let's eject the cd.
    BUT it does not let me eject my cd....I've tried the mouse button hold. and in the win installer there's no option either.

recap:
    - can't eject my cd never ever again
    - can't boot to anything else never ever again

so now here i am. helplessly waiting for a macrumor dude to come and save my day...'cause all i really wanted was being able to play guild wars 2 on my non-laptop machine.

thanks again and...
    cheers

2. ycianca thread starter macrumors newbie

3. Holmes093 macrumors 6502

Holmes093

I have never had an issue with not being able to boot to the bootloader then ejecting with the keyboard.

I know it sounds pathetic but you are timing it right, right? Not pressing to early?

Making sure you click and hold the mouse (when attemting to eject using the mouse)

4. ycianca thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes i did all that. It's like it's stuck in some kind of bootcamp mode.
    I pressed it instantly after the chime etc.

I can't use my mac, this is crazy

5. Holmes093, Sep 18, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2012

Holmes093 macrumors 6502

Holmes093

Have you tried booting and holding CMD + S to get into Singlet User Mode?
    Or CMD + O + F

If that still doesn't work you need to get a thin piece of card and upon boot push it into the top slot of the DVD drive, also hold down the mouse key whilst you do so. Any form of disruption should cause the DVD to spit out

6. SyncFx macrumors member

5. in the windows installer, i chose the partition called bootcamp
    6. an error occured. it couldn't be chosen because it was apparently not NTFS

You got that error because you need to select that Partition and let windows format it. OS X creates the Partition but OS X cannot create a NTFS partition. You let windows do that. Once Windows partitions it you have to install the Apple Drivers for your specific Mac that will allow Windows to see the OS X Partition and install Boot Camp in Windows.

7. ycianca thread starter macrumors newbie

ok i got it.

so first i tried the shortcuts you told me and they did not work.
    then i tried the card thing, which was complicated but then worked. i got my cd out but then i got an evil message saying:
    no bootable device: insert boot disk and so on.

after that i tried many different shortcut keys and none worked. i thought why the heck wouldn't they work now?
    well...because my keyboard was not directly connected to the computer but on a usb hub. and my mouse dongle was connected to the keyboard!

so yeah...first of all, now i'm gonna try that win installation again, and 2nd...guild wars now has a mac beta client. i could have tried that first before installing windows :D
    anyway, i need it for other games, sadly.

thanks all for your help!!
    i really appreciate it.

8. ycianca thread starter macrumors newbie

but one more thing...

i still cannot install win. i reformatted the hdd and tried to load the drivers, which never works btw. i tried different things and nothing works. i always get this error:
    0x80300024

i'll try removing the external hdds then (again). but i got many other hdds in my other bays. i hope those dont affect the installation.

windows sucks.

9. ycianca thread starter macrumors newbie

i had to take 2 external and 3 internal hdds out, and now it's really working.
    i can't believe how completely insane this is. how can stuff like that even happen and exist in 2012?

well i guess it's all solved now.

10. peterbitt macrumors newbie

ok, pretty much the same happened to me,
    I have 3 HDD one the system, one data and one time machine.
    so the bootcamp partitioned my system disk, restarted, start install win7
    some error happened, after X attempts I installed win7 and drivers with bootcamp together.... restart with OSX and my F::KIN DATA DISK IS NOW CALLED SYSTEM RESERVED AND EMPTY!!!!
    WHAT SHOUL I DO??? I HAVE NO BACKUP...:eek::eek::eek::eek: