boot camp issues with windows xp install

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by iceshaver, Mar 29, 2010.

1. iceshaver macrumors newbie

ok, I have this problem, I have a Mac Mini (2.55GHz intel duo core) and I trying to install windows xp with sp2 (downloaded from MSDN, burned to boot able disk).I created a 100GB partition with boot camp assistant, and started the installation.
    the problem is that when I reboot the Mac Mini, and I select the windows CD icon, the screen goes black, and the Mac Mini just stops reading the disk, and stalls at the blank screen. I was wondering if anyone else has this problem? And if anyone has a solution?

2. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

Is there a flashing cursor in the top left? If so search the forum for black cursor and there are many threads about similar issues.

e.g. http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=474122

Trythe solutions from said threads: removing all unnecessary USB devices, zapping PRAM, etc...

B

3. iceshaver thread starter macrumors newbie

No flashing cursor, it seems that the screen just loses video signal and i have to restart. also happens if i don't hold down the Alt key (using pc usb keyboard) when it starts