Boot Camp Keeps Failing Me.

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Shawz, Mar 25, 2012.

1. Shawz macrumors newbie

I have an iMac Mid 2010 it is running lion 10.7.3

Is there anyone out there having the same problem as me that it can't partition my HDD?

It has been running for 2 days straight and no sign of any unresponsive reaction it just keep running and running :( I have tried updating my mac also but as i knew someone would reply with, update your mac then try again but this is not working either it get's stuck on installing updates after i shut down.

I have attached a picture of the screen i get stuck on.

Thanks,
    Shawz

Attached Files:

2. Shawz thread starter macrumors newbie

Update

UPDATE:

-I managed to fix this problem by backing up all of my data (manually, not via time machine) :D
    - using the mac command screen on load-up (Cmd+R) to go into disk utility and erase and repair my Mac's internal HDD from there
    -Did a complete restore of OS X Lion
    -Went back in boot camp assistant without any data on my mac just the operating software and tried partitioning again and it worked perfectly
    - The computer restarted and went into loading up windows, install screen loaded and half way through installing i had a power cut. Just my luck

New Problem:
    * I turned my mac back on to find out nothing else but that everytime my mac loads up it is trying to boot either from the corrupted windows operating software or the windows disk inserted.
    **It is stuck on the black windows BIOS screen with the white dash in the top left corner, flashing, it is going on for hours with nothing happening.** :mad:

Does anyone Know How To Fix This? Please?