Boot Camp + Mac Pro + Line Out

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by CrescentEdge, Jun 1, 2009.

1. CrescentEdge macrumors member

Alright. Here's the scoop.

I recently got a third hard drive for my mac pro and decided to install windows on it using Boot Camp. I formatted the drive ntfs and installed windows. After the installation was complete I inserted the leopard disk as I was instructed to do so and installed the Apple Drivers.

Now. Here's where things get annoying.

It seems a Realtek Audio HD driver was installed. This allows sound to come from the internal speaker, but as far as I can windows is not recognizing the line-out jack when I am in windows. (The one on the back of the Mac Pro) I can plug my speakers into the headphone jack (on the front) and they will work or I can use an external USB soundcard, but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get the speakers to work via the line out.

I have tried reinstalling the realtek drivers several times. All this seems to do is reinstall that darn Audio Manager which allows me to put useless "reverb" effects on. Or listen to a bee buzzing around my head. Is there anyway to get the line out to work under boot camp? Preferably a way that doesn't require me to install the Realtek Audio manager. (Which is totally useless.)

Right now I have the drivers uninstalled. Since all they did in the first place was make the internal speaker work, I'm fine without them until I can figure out how to get the line out to work. The only downside is the machine yells at me on startup that the integrated card has no driver. Are there any know drivers that support the line out? And again, if I can avoid the Audio Manager being installed as well, that would be great.

Thanks. If I have omitted any important information, please let me know.

2. ncc1701d macrumors 6502

I am having the exact same problem. Just bumping to see if you've managed to find anything?

I'll give tech support a call Monday and see what they say too.