Boot Camp + Macbook + Titan Quest = :(

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Azhur, Apr 6, 2009.

1. Azhur macrumors newbie

I have the newest version of Macbook and installed WinXP via Boot Camp in order to play Titan Quest. I have seen in youtube videos that it runs smoothly even in the old version of Macbook Pro, so I assumed it should run in this one too. Unfortunately that was not the case.

Simply put, whenever I start the game I receive the following Fatal Error:
    "Graphics Engine Could Not Be Initialized."

I have tried every trick in this thread, but no success. With WinXP defragmentation the bar went up to 8%, then boot camp literally booted. I repeated the process and got same results. Editing the options.txt did nothing. Same with newer DirectX.

Help me MacRumors... you're my only hope. :(

2. RedRaven571 macrumors 65816

RedRaven571

I'm new to Macs but I'll take a crack at it; what's the GPU in your Macbook? Do you have integrated graphics? The thread you cited states this game doesn't support integrated graphics [although the thread is 3 years old]. Have you tried any other games on your Macbook? I have a new iMac with nVidia 9400M GPU and it runs games like Left 4 Dead and Bioshock pretty smoothly.

3. Azhur thread starter macrumors newbie

I have exactly same GPU as your iMac. Team Fortress 2 has worked fine through Crossover and so have King's Bounty: Legend and Bioshock in Boot Camp.

4. RedRaven571 macrumors 65816

RedRaven571

Then, unfortunately, it sounds like a problem with that game specifically; I'd scope out the game forum for a solution. I did a quick check and there are a series of patches; did you apply the most recent patches?

5. Markov macrumors 6502

Markov

I think he was referring to the last generation mbp GPU (8600m) which is discrete and has an edge over the 9400m.

I believe that the game does not recognize your GPU as being sufficient enough to run the game and won't even give it a shot. Try searching for a way around this.

Good luck!

6. cathyy macrumors 6502a

7. Azhur thread starter macrumors newbie