Boot Camp: Macintosh HD deleted? Help needed!

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by RapsacDK, Feb 20, 2014.

1. RapsacDK macrumors member

RapsacDK

I just installed Windows 8 on a partition on my SSD. I found out that the partition I created was not big enough, and wanted to extend it. I used a 3rd party program on Windows to do so, but now it seems that everything on my Mac partition got deleted!

When trying to select boot disk on the computer, the Macintosh HD does not appear.

Is there anything I can do?? Is there a chance my files are still on it, that it is just not bootable? I have no problem in re-installing, but I did not take backup on some files that I would really prefer not to lose.

----------

Also, the partition does not appear on the list of volumes to install OS X on.

2. RapsacDK thread starter macrumors member

RapsacDK

Code:
    DISKPART> list volume

Volume 0   D   Recovery HD   HFS     Partition   619 MB   Healthy
    Volume 1   C   BOOTCAMP      NTFS    Partition    56 GB   Healthy   Boot
    Volume 2       EFI           FAT32   Partition   200 MB   Healthy   System
    Volume 3   E                         Removable      0 B   No Media  <---

3. jenzjen macrumors 68000

There's some knowledgable posters that might come to your rescue (vs installing) but think in the 10 or so times I've seem similar posts, I think they avoided a reinstall twice. Depends on the specifics of your situation and how long you can be without both OSX and Windows working.

4. RapsacDK thread starter macrumors member

RapsacDK

I am an idiot. I just tried deleting the Volume, to create it again and re-install OS X. Now Recovery-HD is gone, as well. How do I install OS X again? Right now the only drive is the Windows NTFS-formatted drive.

My Mac is the latest Retina 15". I have another MBP and a USB stick I could install to? Should I just obtain the OS X installer from App Store?

----------

Could I install the Recovery Disk to my USB?

5. jenzjen macrumors 68000

Do what you did before, internet recovery command+R and while you're at it, see if you can use the disk utility in internet recovery to completely clean the drives even if grayed