Boot Camp mAdnEsS.. Arrrgh

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by warezcat, May 27, 2010.

1. warezcat macrumors newbie

I've been researching half the afternoon and I am now officially brain fried. I have installed Windows 7 Ultimate 64 through Boot Camp. I had to do the black screen freeze fix during install details here and I have thankfully made it onto my Windows desktop. I now however have the whole update to Boot Camp 3.1 issue. When I attempt the installation of the Boot Camp 3.1.exe found on Apple's website it rejects it with a error saying install 3.0 first. :(

I need guidance if possible at this point because no matter how much Google I do I can't seem to find the answer. :confused:

By having Boot Camp installed and correct I am gaining use of my touch mouse and access to my OSX folders? Can someone please clarify that too.

Thanks in advance. :)

2. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

How are you trying to install 3.1?

Are you doing it in Windows under Update MAC software or are you in SL10?

Try it both ways as I did it exactly like you did but instead of downloading from the Apple website I used the update software utility and it worked without a glitch.

The video driver sucks and you get gradient banding in Windows 7. They will fix but not yet.:eek:

3. warezcat thread starter macrumors newbie

Windows Mac update. I think I'm all done now. everything appears to be stable.

Cheers..