Boot Camp: MBP won't go to sleep when lid closed, Windows 8

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by omgosx, Apr 19, 2012.

1. omgosx macrumors newbie

omgosx

Hey there,

I'm running a Windows 8 CP install on my MacBook Pro - I know it's a beta and not supported/recommended. I've seen a lot of similar posts around the Web about this happening with Win7 as well, but I've yet to find a solution.

It will go right into hibernation just fine, but when I open the lid the fans take off like a helicopter and nothing else happens, so I have to hold down the power button to manually shut it off.

I've checked the power settings, and it appears that my only options are to send it into hibernation when the lid is closed, or shut it down completely. All of my Boot Camp drivers/system drivers are up to date as well.

I apologize if this has already been posted, or if it's in the wrong forum - but I'd really appreciate it if anyone could give me a solution, or point me in the direction of a solved thread.

Thanks,

Nick
    http://omgosx.com

2. hunter3740 macrumors member

no sleep option for Win7 enterprise bootcamp

I don't know that I've done all the firmware updates, but could be too late for that: the macbook pro is now Windows only (i.e. new solid state hard drive and only installed Windows); anyway, only hibernate and shutdown options (for power button and closing lid and start button). Can shut the lid and then open it back up, but have to deal with long wait of returning from hibernation (much like starting up wait).

Is sleep a firmware update? Bootcamp is up-to-date. I know for sure that my old Macbook Air (has door for the one and only usb port), which is also now Windows 7 enterprise only, is fine about sleeping and waking right up).