Boot Camp messes with my OSX clock

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by gamerish, Aug 31, 2012.

1. gamerish macrumors member

Every time I boot into OSX (Mountain Lion) after using my Windows 7 partition, my OSX time gets pushed back 4 hours exactly. Is there a fix for this? All I could find via Google was a "semi-permanent" fix but that was for OSX Tiger :/

2. Grannyville7989 macrumors 6502a

Grannyville7989

I had the problem with my clocks going out of sync by an hour. Here's what I did to correct my problem.

1. First fire up Registry Editor by typing regedit.exe in Windows 7/Vista Search Bar. If you get a UAC prompt, hit 'Yes'

2. Now Navigate to this key, to do so simply keep on double clicking the folders till you come across to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\TimeZoneInformation

3. Right click on the empty space right below ‘TimeZoneKeyName’ and create a new DWORD(32-bit). On 32-bit versions of Windows 7/Vista, you will only see DWORD

4. Rename the new DWORD as “RealTimeIsUniversal” (without quotes and its case-sensitive)

5. Double click on the new DWORD and change its value data “0″ (that’s a zero) to “1″ (one). It’s in hexadecimal

Save it all. Reboot to Mac OS X, set the time properly and now boot back to Windows. You should notice the time should be the same as it was set in OS X.