BOOT-CAMP mouse and keyboard drivers

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by SachaS, Nov 27, 2009.

1. SachaS macrumors regular

Hey there.

I seem to be having problems syncing up the mouse and keyboard on the new iMac with boot-camp. For some reason the keyboard is not working at all, and reinstalling boot-camp drivers does nothing. The mouse is recognised however scrolling does not work.

I had this problem before and downloaded microsoft sidewinder mouse. This solved the problem before, but now it doesn't do anything.

I was wondering if anybody knows exactly what the drivers are called for the keyboard and mouse, and how to get the mouse scrolling working? Also once I get the keyboard synced, how do I change the settings so that (for example) the volume controls work.

This is really confusing me, because I'm pretty sure when I installed Windows the scrolling WAS working, but then when I went back to it (admittedly after linking the formatted drive with Parallels) it simply doesn't work properly.

Any help here would be great,

Thanks,

Sacha

2. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

Have you installed the most recent bootcamp drivers? They were released on the 20th November. Hopefully that should solve most your problems.

3. SachaS thread starter macrumors regular

I thought the new iMac Boot-Camp version is 3.0. I have tried downloading that, and I'm pretty sure that on my last format that actually did install. However, for some reason when I try and install that 2.2 driver update on this current format nothing happens.

I double click the downloaded .exe file, and nothing happens. I've tried a dozen times.

I just assumed that the boot-camp version i received with the new iMac is newer than that version - which I was under the impressed was for the old iMacs.

Does no one know what the actual drivers are called for the mouse and keyboard? When you installed boot-camp drivers from the CD did the keyboard work correctly (i.e. volume buttons, brightness, eject CD), and was the mouse able to scroll vertically?

This is really frustrating me and I really don't want to re-format the damned partition again.

4. SachaS thread starter macrumors regular

Can someone please help me out here or point me in a direction where people know about this sort of stuff?

Uninstalling boot-camp drivers with the CD and then reinstalling them don't work either. Is there a way to fix this without actually reformatting the drive?

Would really appreciate some help...