Boot Camp No Longer Boots: Please Help

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by legaleye3000, Apr 2, 2014.

1. legaleye3000 macrumors 65816

Hello - all of a sudden Boot Camp does not show up when holding down the alt/option button when booting up. When I boot into MAC OS, Boot Camp does show up and is accessible. Is there any way to fix this without having to reinstall Windows? Parallels also does not recognize the boot camp partition.

Thank you.

2. jenzjen macrumors 68000

Did you make any changes, install any updates

3. legaleye3000 thread starter macrumors 65816

The only thing I can think of was installing a new version of Parallels, but I think I was able to run it after the update. Other than that, I don't think I did anything.

4. thomasobs macrumors newbie

Please post a screenshot of your preferences window with startup disk

5. legaleye3000 thread starter macrumors 65816

The only thing in there is Macintosh HD; nothing else.

6. thomasobs macrumors newbie

Then you need to re-create boot camp partition, there's no any other option I can think of.. What is the drive map in Disk Utility btw?

7. legaleye3000 thread starter macrumors 65816

It still shows the bootcamp partition. The only issue is that it doesn't show up when I'm booting up the computer and hold down the alt/option key. Also, it won't show up in parallels. But it does up in Finder and disk util.

8. thomasobs macrumors newbie

Ok then.. What i would try is: create a copy of bootcamp partition with WinClone (you can still find the free version). Then re-create bootcamp partition and then copy the previous WinClone image to the newly created partition