Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

masterjedi73

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 12, 2004
I installed Windows 7 last night on my MacBook and have a question about it. First, how do I know which version of Boot Camp I have? I tried to install the correct drivers, but it kept telling me that I needed the previous one. Example: I downloaded 3.2, told me I needed 3.1, then 3.1 told me I needed 3.0 (which I couldn't find).

I won't be using it that much, but some of the functions don't work, like two finger scrolling and the CD eject button. Any ideas?

I installed it from my original Snow Leopard retail disc, not a macbook disc.

EDIT: Also, is there a way to always have a choice of which system to boot, without holding the option key?

Last edited:

msjones

macrumors 6502
Oct 18, 2007
Nottinghamshire, UK
For your boot question you can try refit. It is a boot loader for efi based systems.

As for boot camp I have ready other posts here on MR with similar problems. MRoogle should help. I cant look right now as I'm using my iPhone to type this, but I will have a search later if you are unable to find anything.

masterjedi73

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 12, 2004
Thanks. You know, I never tried MRoogle before. Pretty cool.

I figured out the startup issue. I just selected osx as my startup disk in system preferences and it seems to stick.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.