Boot Camp on Black Macbook 2,1 (2007)

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by masterjedi73, Apr 11, 2011.

1. masterjedi73, Apr 11, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2011

masterjedi73 macrumors 6502

masterjedi73

I installed Windows 7 last night on my MacBook and have a question about it. First, how do I know which version of Boot Camp I have? I tried to install the correct drivers, but it kept telling me that I needed the previous one. Example: I downloaded 3.2, told me I needed 3.1, then 3.1 told me I needed 3.0 (which I couldn't find).

I won't be using it that much, but some of the functions don't work, like two finger scrolling and the CD eject button. Any ideas?

I installed it from my original Snow Leopard retail disc, not a macbook disc.

EDIT: Also, is there a way to always have a choice of which system to boot, without holding the option key?

2. msjones macrumors 6502

msjones

For your boot question you can try refit. It is a boot loader for efi based systems.

As for boot camp I have ready other posts here on MR with similar problems. MRoogle should help. I cant look right now as I'm using my iPhone to type this, but I will have a search later if you are unable to find anything.

3. masterjedi73 thread starter macrumors 6502

masterjedi73

Thanks. You know, I never tried MRoogle before. Pretty cool.

I figured out the startup issue. I just selected osx as my startup disk in system preferences and it seems to stick.