Boot Camp on MB Alu 2GHz - Does it has any sense?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by marcin0903, May 9, 2009.

1. marcin0903 macrumors regular

Hi I just bought my MB Alu 2GHz and I bought that MB generally to Internet, mail, sometimes to do sth in iWork, but I want sometimes also play a games which aren't on consoles, so I wondered about boot camp on my MB Alu, but does it has any sense? Would the new games work clearly with no animations drops? And if yes which Windows should I chose? I much have got much money and I though about Windows 7? Is it good idea?

And in conclusion if I would have Windows and Mac parallel how to delate Win? Just make before Win installation Time Machine copy or what?

2. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

You might want to start here: Booting Windows on a Mac

As far as which Windows?
    For gaming... probably XP
    Windows 7 doesn't have the driver support yet
    Most prefer XP over Vista for gaming

Woof, Woof - Dawg [​IMG]

3. marcin0903 thread starter macrumors regular

1) OK so I decided to install Vista, but would it work fine on my MB Alu 2GHz?
    2) To return to only 1 OS, before installing I must make copy by Time Machine yes?
    3) On my MB Alu 2GHz install 64bit or 32bit Vista?

4. ahsirg macrumors newbie

I can answer 1) and 3)
    Yes, vista will work. I am using it daily on the same machine
    I'd advise going with 32bits just so there are less driver problems, but really it doesn't matter

5. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

2) You will be able to use Boot Camp to remove the Windows partition if you want to return to only one OS... OSX... without having to do a reinstall

However, a good backup strategy (Time Machine, Carbon Copy Cloner, et. al.) is always a good idea, especially when doing something like this.

Woof, Woof - Dawg [​IMG]