boot camp, parallels, vmware

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by retrospects, Jul 13, 2008.

1. retrospects macrumors regular

2. CWallace macrumors 603

CWallace

It depends on what you want to do.

Boot Camp offers the best performance, especially video performance (for playing games or movies and such).

I use Parallels (with Boot Camp) because it seamlessly integrates my Windows and OS X applications via their Coherence technology.

VMWare Fusion supports multiple CPUs and multiple cores per CPU, whereas Parallels is single-CPU/single-core at this time. VMWare Fusion also supports 64-bit Windows operating systems whereas Parallels only works with 32-bit. I'm using XP-32 now, but I will be using Vista x64 with my Mac Pro when I get it so I'll be forced to go to VMWare if Parallels has not yet advanced.

3. aki macrumors 6502a

yes there isnt any answer is what u need windows to do

in my case i have bootcamp for some games and render soft and parallels for small stuff like emus and read/write to NTFS

i did look at crossover and if it works its cool and easy but it only works on some apps

basically bootcamp is always easier coz its real windows but parallels is convenience.....if u want new games of course its only bootcamp or maaaaaybe crossover eg for steam

4. MM07 macrumors 6502a

I decided to go with Bootcamp first, then I installed Fusion, so I have options.

5. Mr. Zarniwoop macrumors demi-god

Mr. Zarniwoop