Boot Camp partition failed

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by adnan88, Jul 25, 2008.

1. adnan88 macrumors newbie

So here is the story

About a month ago I partitioned my HDD, installed XP and then found no need for it and then erased the partition using boot camp.

So today about 15 minutes ago, I decided to install XP again, so I opened Boot Camp, and partitioned the HDD 69GB for MAC and 70GB for Windows. I clicked partition and then it was partitioning and then I got a message saying to restart my MAC. I held the button down restarted the mac, and then went to boot camp again to join up the partitions, but there is no option for that, I can only partition the HDD again. The thing is that the partition is created I had like 140 free and now I have 60...which means the 70GB is partitioned but nothing is on it.

SO I tried to partition again using boot camp thinking the partition failed and I'll partition it again and then join it up, and then re-do the whole thing...this time boot camp gives me an error and tells me to go to disk utility. In disk utility the partition section only shows the MAC, nothing else... I have no idea what to do... Please Help.

Edit: I just right clicked my MAC HDD on the desktop went to get info and it says: 118.23GB Used, and 67.76 Available. I know for a fact I didn't use 118.23 only about 60GB was used before the partition thing.

2. CauseLs macrumors newbie