Boot Camp Partition Issues

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by splendiferous, Aug 21, 2008.

1. splendiferous macrumors newbie

I tried to set up boot camp on my macbook, but when I tried setting up windows xp, I only get a single c: partition that encompasses my entire hard disk.

I looked at the topics on this site, but couldn't find any solutions that worked. I was wondering if it was possible that the cd I'm using is too old to use. In that case, would it still work? Or would the mac refuse to start the setup of windows?

2. goinskiing macrumors 6502a

goinskiing

I think we may need a few more details.

1. How big did you make your bootcamp partition with the assistant?
    2. Did you launch install of XP from bootcamp?
    3. When the XP installer is running, does it show the size of the bootcamp partition you made, or is it the ENTIRE HD?

If it is the entire HD, you may have done something wrong. Even with the Bootcamp assistant, you still need to be very careful, actually, its in the XP install where things can go bad and fast.

Let me know though and we'll see what we can do from there.

goinskiing

3. splendiferous thread starter macrumors newbie

The partition is 15 GB, while the partition shown during the installation is the entire HD. Yes, I ran the Windows installer from the boot camp assistant.

I already wiped out my HD once, and had to reinstall Leopard onto it, so I'm taking it pretty carefully this time around. Maybe I should just buy a new CD instead of using an old one.