Boot camp partition problems.

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by AndyK, Mar 5, 2008.

1. AndyK macrumors 6502a

AndyK

So,

I just upgraded my macbook's hardrive to 250gb using a WD passport.

I got the new drive, formatted it to Mac os journaled, used carbon copy cloner to transfer my data, then did the actual drive swap.

Everything works a charm, except bootcamp!

Before I did the swap I deleted my boot camp partition with the intent to remake it, when I came to do it though, I started the assistant to get going and got this error:

[​IMG]

I tried repairing permissions, does anyone have a solution that might help before I have to reformat the drive and go to all the back up hassle?

Much love,

2. AndyK thread starter macrumors 6502a

AndyK

And yes, the cat in that picture IS as cute as its feet look.

:D

3. AndyK thread starter macrumors 6502a

AndyK

4. neilhart macrumors 6502

neilhart

I don't understand (I don't use carbon copy, I use SuperDuper) did you copy BootCamp over to the new drive and then delete it?

The reason that I ask is that I will be going through the same process early next week on a MBP. I would like to not have the same problem.

Neil

5. AndyK thread starter macrumors 6502a

AndyK

No I deleted my Windows partition FIRST and then cloned the driver over, with the intent to then recreate it.

Any thoughts?

6. McGiord, Mar 7, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2011

McGiord macrumors 601

McGiord

As far as I know the Boot Camp Assistant will only allow to partition a HDD that has a single partition, so maybe what is happening to you HDD is that the partition table is still seeing the HDD with more than one partition.
    Try to make the partition that you will use to install Windows with Disk Utility to see if that works.
    ________
    jugallette

7. neilhart macrumors 6502

neilhart

Please Confirm Partition Table type

When you use Disk Utility, selecting the physical drive (not the partition), does it report "GUID partition table"?

Neil

8. neilhart macrumors 6502

neilhart

I don't understand (I don't use carbon copy, I use SuperDuper) did you copy BootCamp over to the new drive and then delete it?

The reason that I ask is that I will be going through the same process early next week on a MBP. I would like to not have the same problem.

Neil