boot camp problem :(

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by mankar4, Nov 1, 2007.

1. mankar4 macrumors 6502a

mankar4

Whenever I boot into windows from Leopard, I just end up sitting at a black screen with nothing happening. Today, however, I ended up sitting on the my desktop background with no icons with the little rotating spokes wheel just going and going. Any ideas?

I am running leopard on an SR MBP with Leopard and Windows XP SP2

2. Schroedinger macrumors regular

Schroedinger

How are you switching to your windows partition? I noticed funky things myself with my EFI bootloader after installing Leopard.

If you're just using start up disk, trying restarting and holding down option to see if the Windows partition shows up.

If that doesn't work, try getting the EFI bootloader i use, it's called rEFIt. It's opensource and generally useful especially if you're more than dualbooting.

That's the best I've got. All I can offer is the approach I would take when attacking the problem.

Once you're in, you can see if there is any problems with the windows partition.

Good luck

3. mankar4 thread starter macrumors 6502a

mankar4

The problem only occurs when I go to startup disk in Leopard and restart into Windows. No problem when booting up from shutdown.

4. Schroedinger macrumors regular

Schroedinger

I think I had a similar problem at some point in the past. If I remember correctly, I ended up doing the boot camp process all over, destroying the windows partition, repartitioning and reinstalling. Not offering it as a good solution, but if all else fails, that will fix the issue.