Boot camp problem

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Donnynoir, May 18, 2009.

1. Donnynoir macrumors newbie

Hey everyone, I installed windows xp successfully onto my macbook but when I put the macbook install dvd version 10.5.5 in to install the drivers an error comes up that says i need to update the windows installer and when I click to update it, it says something is missing. Anyone know what to do?

2. Jethryn Freyman macrumors 68020

Jethryn Freyman

It has to be XP Service Pack 2 or later to use with Boot Camp.

Is your copy of Windows the SP2/SP3 version?

3. Donnynoir thread starter macrumors newbie

how do you check, but im pretty sure its sp 2 because I was able to install windows fine, its just the drivers im having a problem with. it is windows home edition 2002 thow.

4. celticpride678

I don't think that Bootcamp supports Windows XP Home Edition, only Professional. Am I right?:confused:

5. SHIFTLife macrumors 6502

XP Home Edition will work. From the Boot Camp System Requirements on Apple.com:

As well as Microsoft Windows:

* An authentic, 32-bit Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition or Professional with Service Pack 2 or Service Pack 3 disc
    or
    * An authentic, 32-bit Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic, Home Premium, Business, or Ultimate disc
    or
    * With some Mac Pro or MacBook Pro computers, an authentic, 64-bit Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic, Home Premium, Business, or Ultimate disc

To check which Service Pack you have loaded, boot into Windows, then right click the "My Computer" icon on the desktop and choose "Properties" from the menu that appears. The upper right portion of that window will tell you what version and Service Pack you have installed.