Boot camp problems on my Macbook

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Anthony T, Aug 25, 2008.

1. Anthony T macrumors 6502a

I just got a Macbook a few days ago, and I just installed Windows XP using BootCamp.

However, for some reason my Macbook will not eject the Windows XP CD. It just boots up Windows every time. Anyone else ever have this problem?

2. isauce macrumors regular

isauce

Hold down the Options key when you boot up and select OS X. Eject the CD from OS X. Hope that helps.

3. sickmacdoc macrumors 68020

sickmacdoc

Also it will continue to boot into XP even after ejecting the disk until you boot into OSX via the method in the previous post and then go into System Preferences and select your Mac partition in the "Startup Disk" pane.

The option key only makes a temporary change (just for that boot cycle) so you will want to hold it down when you want to next access Bootcamp/XP.

4. Azmontana macrumors regular

Azmontana

You can also boot up in windows, select my computer click on the cd drive and then from the file menu select eject; this should eject the CD. You should then install the drivers provided by apple to get full use of your mac while using windows. In all honesty I have had XP loaded up for a while now and not once logged into it!!

5. sabregreen macrumors member

Or you can reboot the machine holding down the mouse button. This will eject the disc. Keep holding the mouse button until the disc ejects.