Boot camp problems

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by Antsz, Oct 21, 2018.

1. Antsz, Oct 21, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2018

Antsz macrumors newbie

Antsz

**RESOLVED**

Ok so it's me again, I'm having a nightmare past few weeks on my mac.

Since I can't run parallels on my mac I'm using Boot camp, I have followed all the instructions and help guides, even spoke to apple care and they couldn't help me.

I have downloaded the windows 10 iso and have a 32GB USB stick ready,
    Basically, as you can see from my screenshots its keeps failing saying an error occurred while copying windows.

I don't know what else to try as the apple techs didn't have a clue and the info on google doesn't help :(

Attached Files:

2. gian8989 macrumors 6502

You don't need to create a usb drive at all. You can start the installation by selecting the iso.

But why can't you run Parallels?

3. Antsz thread starter macrumors newbie

Antsz

It won’t let me run boot camp without a usb drive and then when I attach a usb drive it gives a fault, it’s a no win situation, apple have escalated to a senior engineer apparently.

I can’t run parallels because it makes my Mac unstable and unusable. Since updating to Mojave my system has gone berserk and I’m close to giving up now and going back to a PC which I don’t really want to do

4. Antsz thread starter macrumors newbie

Antsz

All fixed, one of the senior apple tech remotely viewed my Mac and immediately saw there was a problem with my fusion drive, they became separately. Did a few commands on terminal and a full reinstall and all seems fine apart from Lightroom cc still doesn’t run on Mojave

5. Riwam macrumors 6502a

Riwam

If your problem is solved, it will be usefull for others to add to the title of the thread at the beginning "RESOLVED" as others do when their problem is no longer one.
    Happy to know you found help and it solved it.
    Ed